11-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #162
swizzreese
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
So you haven't driven the ATS but because you bought a different car and didn't consider Cadlllac when shopping, this guy is wrong?

Who knows why so many reviewers love the ATS...maybe they are skewed by some outside influence,...but maybe they just like it that much. Who cares? You buy your car with your money. What does a reviewer or any other driver have to do with that decision?

Let's not be ignorant and instead accept the fact that engineering is engineering and if a company in this day and age is willing to put in the effort and the expense, the product will be good. The country in which the product is designed and made does not inherently determine the quality of the product. Beliving it is would be simplistic and illogical.

In North America, there are great bridges and buildings designed and built, in California they are making some of the most popular consumer electronics in the world and until Blackberry shit the bed, the best business devices were being designed in Canada. But god forbid anyone say a North American company made a good car. It's ridiculous. At the end of the day do what you want, buy the car you want, whatever. If what someone else says has any impact, there's a problem.
I couldn't of said it better myself, but to add I love BMW and I will always favor Bimmers but just because a Car Reviewer doesn't lean in favor of our beloved BMW's doesn't necessarily mean its wrong. BMW has been the Benchmark for years and maybe just maybe Cadillac has surpassed it and my hats off to them, that just means Bimmer has to go back to the drawing board and set the bar again. This friendly competition between these brands only makes the manufactures strive to be better and frankly I love it!!
Appreciate 0