View Single Post
      12-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
focal
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i 6MT w/ MPS & MPE

I'm all about full disclosure in fear of a liability issue if ever that worst case scenario occurred.

Called my insurance company to arrange the sale of my existing car and the purchase of the new car. As usual they ask if there are performance modifications (engine or transmission). I disclose that I may install the M Performance suspension since my car did not have the factory sports suspension.

The underwriter said they will no longer cover my vehicle if I make said changes. Even stating it will be installed by the dealer, is an option that could have been delivered as a new vehicle and only make my car safer. Nope....I renewed stating they will loose my business in the near future once I find a mod friendly insurance company. 13+ years of relationship gone like that.

so which ones do you guys use? or do you not disclose mods and roll the dice that you may be void if that unexpected day arrives and you claim a big one.

are all insurance companies setting up clients to be able to void policies if you do not disclose or disclose too much information?

Last edited by focal; 12-20-2013 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0