View Single Post
      04-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #17
aarena
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i

here's my cliff notes version review comparing it to an audi a5

POSITIVES
-the manual transmission is mind blowing (at least to me). I almost regretted getting a manual because i was never able to always have perfectly smooth shifts in the audi, and since the audi was the only manual i ever drove, i figured you just couldn't shift a manual as smoothly as an automatic. However, a passenger can't even feel that i am shifting in the BMW. Very smooth transition into 1st and 2nd gear.

-Seats are much more comfortable than my audi and feel richer

-Technology package is very cool (although I didn't get navi in the audi so i can't compare

-Much smoother ride than the audi. not sure amount the handling since i haven't pushed the car its limits yet

NEGATIVES

-although the engine is quick, as of right now, i prefer the naturally inspired 3.2l audi. the power was smoother through the rpm band

-exahust note is nothing to brag about. might get the m exhaust

-steering feels weird. not sure if its because i never drove a rear wheel drive car before

OTHER COMMENTS

-i haven't yet property tuned the premium sound system. the bang & olfusen in the audi just worked, no tuning required.

overall, i love the car. haven't thought twice about owning any other car. the technology is this car is very impressive
Appreciate 0