12-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #199
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznick View Post
Well, it comforting to know I wasn't the only one to stick my neck out about the ATS. I understand people being brand loyal but to completely dismiss something without experiencing it first seems foolish to me .Like You I've had BMW's in my stable for a long time , but there have been a lot of muscle cars along the way and I currently have a CTS 3.6 sitting next to my M3. In another year or so I can see the CTS being replaced with the ATS.I drove it. It was that good. Its in its 1st year. Its only gonna get better
I totally agree with you. While I ended up getting an F30, I did test drive a few other competitive vehicles one of which was the ATS 2.0t and 3.6. Overall I felt the ATS was the closest to the F30 in terms of performance, handling, etc. For me the interior layout wasn't really my cup of tea, and the performance of the 2.0t didn't seem as quick as it's numbers suggest. Other than those issues, I think the ATS is a great first effort for Cadillac, and I'll be interested to see what the next generation is like when the time comes.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0