View Single Post
      02-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
Jackson743
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5

Cool 9 Days & 1000 Miles: My Winter Euro Delivery Photos (Warning: Intense Volume of Pics)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
It's been about one and half months since I came back from Munich and about 3 weeks since I picked up my beautiful F30. I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures. Strangely, my Euro Delivery date took place at the end of my trip. I know that is totally backwards, but I had a work commitment I couldn't postpone. I just wanted to get my car ASAP and have some time away. I totally recommend buying a BMW and taking European Delivery. Although, maybe not in winter. But, it is a lot of fun, and The Welt is amazing. Just do it.

My stay in Europe was 9 days, two countries and 1000 miles in a rented BMW 320d coupe. That's right Americans, a diesel! Great car. My itinerary was:

Day 1: Arrive Munich (UPDATED 02/23/2013)
Day 2: Stuttgart- Mercedes Museum & Porsche Museum (UPDATED 02/23/2013)
Day 3: Wurzburg (UPDATED 02/24/2013)
Day 4: Rothenberg (UPDATED 02/25/2013)
Day 5: Fussen- Hohenschwangau & Neuschwanstein (Mad King Ludwig's Castle) (UPDATED 03/02/2013)
Day 6: Ferrari Museum (PART I: UPDATED 03/06/2013) BIG 90+ Pic Ferrari Update Coming Soon! (PART II: UPDATED 03/07/2013)
Day 7: Munich (UPDATED 03/11/2013) Big BMW Welt Update Coming Soon!!!
Day 8: The Big Day @ The Welt, BMW Museum, Home (ED Thread Completed 03/14/2013)- Thanks for your patience

For those who don’t want to endure a couple hundred pictures before the money shot, here it is:

For you sadistic people with too much time on your hands, we start at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) 7 days earlier.

<Note> I’ll post pictures as time allows. I’m sorry I just can’t post everything at once. This is a lot of work.

Day 1: Arrive Munich

My 747 pulls up at LAX.

And, we’re off. But, I’ve got to catch a connecting flight in Frankfurt.

On my way to a connecting flight. Beautiful airport.

What a beast.

Munich Airport

My rental 320d coupe with manual and nav. I don’t know what I would have done without the nav in Germany. I’d be completely lost.

Long flight and off to the hotel.

ArtHotel. Two blocks from the main train station in Munich. Nice mid-priced hotel.

The world famous Hofbrauhaus. My first parking ticket. Don’t drive to the Altstadt.

I’m so freeking tired here. But, I’m determined not to go to bed too early so I won’t be jetlagged.

Beer was awesome. The sausage . . . ehhh.

Back to my room. The end of a very, very long day.

Day 2: Stuttgart- Mercedes Museum & Porsche Museum

Rise early for a busy day visiting the home of two iconic manufacturers. A pretty nice breakfast provided by the ArtHotel. Germans love cold cuts for breakfast.

Driving in a snowstorm. Don’t see this in Southern California often.

Warning: If you don’t like cars, stop here because there’s a lot of car pictures. Old ones, new ones, trucks, race cars, etc.

This was kind of weird. Across the street I could see them testing cars in the wet by doing donuts.

This may have been the most beautiful car in the building. I don’t know anything about it, and I’m not a huge classic car guy, but there was something very special about this car.

The Museum had a Mille Miglia Special Display

The most famous room in the museum. The room with the banking.

The Silver Arrows

Mika Hakkinen’s race suit and helmet. World Champion 1998 and 1999.

The Great Juan Manuel Fangio

And finally, a couple pictures of the branch dealership attached to the museum.

My European Delivery Thread http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807429

Last edited by Jackson743; 03-17-2013 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 0