View Single Post
      01-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #5
G30Spida
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i M Sport Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Yes. When I activate the sat nav, the electronic (female) voice - terrible voice, mind you - the HUD has street names and the State or National Route number as well. The voice also mentions them as a first priority, followed by destination.

Sometimes the HUD will display the direction or major place of interest instead of a street. Quite odd and quirky, but you also have the screen with the street/road route highlighted in white to guide you as well.

Another point to note is the sat nav screen display does not show terribly many street names, even though there is ample room to do so. I suppose less distraction perhaps.

The HUD also displays distance to roundabouts and arrows for turns.
It's not that it shows you an point of interest or whatever, it's showing you what's written on the sign where you should turn. So if you drive down the highway, and the road it wants you to turn at has a big green sign which says 'Sydney', then the HUD will display 'Sydney'. I find it quite handy actually because often major roads, or exits from freeways won't have a big sign with their name, rather a big green one which states where that road goes, so easy to spot....

F10 528i M Sport - Carbon Black

F30 328i Sports - Mineral Grey
Appreciate 0