aarslan
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW 3.20i 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozanyener View Post
Hi aarslan,
Which dealer have you taken your car? I've taken mine to Avcılar Borusan. They've surprised when they hear such a problem(idrive reboot caused by usb). They couldn't fix it so far...
Ozan I am in Ankara. I take the car to Borusan Birlik.

These folks did not understand the technological thing I guess. This has nothing to do with a virus. After all those viruses in our memory sticks (even if they are there) are intended to affect Windows OS. This iDrive is an embedded system, probably not executing a Windows clone.

Anyways, I believe there are bugs in the mp3 player which is causing the reset. If you can systematically reproduce the problem under certain conditions, this shall somehow be communicated to BMW SW development crew - and I don't know if this is really possible.

Now, regarding the seat belt warning; my car doesn't have a seat belt warning for passenger and rear seats. Only for the driver seat activates this warning, and IMHO this is lame! When I check the EuroNCAP tests, 3 series has full points for seat belt alerts. Where are those alerts in my car?
Appreciate 0