07-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Fuel Gauge
The fuel gauge no longer has little hash marks indicating each gallon's worth of fuel in the tank. Some of you may recall that the E9X has a 16 gallon gas tank and that there are exactly 16 little hash lines evenly spaced on the fuel gauge. It's hardly a big deal, but I will admit that I used those little marks to know how much fuel to put back into the service loaners. Also, I used to use those marks to judge how much fuel I had just burnt during a period of "joyful" driving. (The missing marks are not a big deal; I'm just saying I did have practical uses for them.)
You've lost me on the hash marks, unless the US market has to be set up in such a way.

Here in the UK there are 20 divisions on the gauge for my 61-litre tank (or 13.42 imperial gallons) so don't think the marks are there for any 'exact' measure.

BTW, the luxury thing is all about what options you put in the cabin to make it more luxurious, IMO.

UK basic specifications look and feel nothing like a well specced model with the 'luxury' touches.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0