10-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
Nitz99
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW F30 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
Playlists are where it's at, start making a bunch of them.

While I have every Beatles song ever recorded on my iPhone in my car, it's my 6 Beatles playlists I listen to, I never drill down through menus to Albums in iDrive. Examples:

Best of the Beatles (Early Years)
Best of the Beatles (Later Years)
Best of the Beatles (Solo)
Psychedelic Beatles
Beatles - White Album
Beatles - Abbey Road

These Playlists cover my Beatles nut for me. All the bad songs on the albums are gone, every cut that plays is a personal fave, they display in one-click in iDrive. Note that I have two complete albums as Playlists, again just easier to access them that way.

Note that an iTunes Playlist does not "double-up" your songs on your iPhone. Playlists are just shortcuts to the songs. So I can have "Hey Jude" on six different Playlists, but the song file only appears once on the iPhone, isn't hogging space.

Think of a Playlist as the old mix tape from your youth. I have about 100 of them. To get started, try this:

Create a Playlist called "High School Mix". Pick your 10 favorite groups. Pick the 5 best songs from each. Drag them into the Playlist folder. Hit Shuffle. Wham, you've now got your 50 favorite tracks from high school, shuffling away randomly for the next 4 hours.

"College Mix", "Best Of The Who", "Dance Tracks", "Summer 1982" you get the idea.

BJ
So I've been experimenting with playlists and using my idrive shortcut buttons and so far so good. The one simple thing I can't seem to figure out is how to shuffle the songs in the playlist. I have my iphone on shuffle and tested this by listening to these playlists on the actual phone and it shuffles the music. Is there an idrive setting I need to toggle on of off somewhere in order to get the songs to shuffle? Right now if I hit skip track on idrive it will simply go to the next listed song in the playlist.
Appreciate 0