View Single Post
      07-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

I would say tires matter the most here, if they were testing with all season tires in warmer weather you are going to get much worse results than with summer performance tires. Just like if you are testing summer or all season tires in the winter compared to Winter tires. I know everyone is wanting M brakes in the US for the M Sport package, but I would love to see real numbers on braking with them compared to the standard brakes (same day, same tires). Unless you are tracking your car I don't think it will make any difference. If you want them colored, buy some Estoril Blue paint

as a side note:

I don't care if you have AWD, RWD, FWD, if you live in a region where it is normally under 40 degrees for 3+ months a year and snows at least once a month, GET SNOW TIRES! you will have improved handling and breaking and maybe save yourself and someone else from an accident! Even though our X3 M Sport came with all seasons (summer tires not even an option ) I still bought winter wheels/tires for it. the tires are basically free because you save yourself wear on your summer/all season tires, so its really just buying the wheels that is the extra expense and if you go somewhere like Discount tire they will change them for free each season (if you bought them there).
Appreciate 0