08-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #137
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol01 View Post
in fairness to Scott he was refering to a number of products in that comment. X cars are superbly successful and X5 after 6 years is still the best selling car in its class and pretty much is a looker in everyone eyes. new X3 has also come top of its class in almost every competitive test. F20 might look controversial to some but fundumentally is a good car and it would be a big seller regardless. as for this 3GT I am not against it and in all my previous post I have actually praised what I have seen so far and can see the logic behind it. real controversy would start in few weeks when the FWD 1 series is released but I suppose that is for another discussion
The X1 is a miss, the X3 (was) a miss and also a driving failure, not worthy the BMW brand by miles, the X5 is not ugly but a "truck" with decent dynamics and an X6 is... well, I don't really know. The M variants of both latter species are a joke really.

The (new) X3 and X5 I can understand for EBITDA reasons (cash the money to do something nice with it). As an enthousiast, I will keep a save and long distance from them and gladly let them produce money for the company.

I'am not against the 3GT either, a decent quality mid class hatch with RWD should have a market! But please, give it some elegant style please. An ugly or a classy design can cost the same. So why don't opt for the latter?
Appreciate 0