View Single Post
      02-21-2012, 04:06 AM   #68
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclariel View Post
Sinopec can always do better fuels. Low quality only existing in Canton province or some other lower tier cities/places. Even for the current grade, Sinopec/China petro are doing ok in big cities like Shanghai or Beijing where I bet there are far more luxury/ultra-luxury cars running on the street.

i guess I am from Taiwan thus I don't have the prejudice to the mainland products like most Hongkie do. I always go with the best price/quality ratio products. I am using Sinopec alot in HK as it works well with my car + they offer the most discount.
The quality of PRC fuel is more or less the same between Canton, BJ or Shanghai. Do u know Canton is the richest province in the whole of PRC (i.e. has largest share of national GDP)? So if fuel in Canton is bad then it's also bad in other areas. Of course, bad is relative to HK, it may be better than other places such as India or Russia.
As I said b4, Sinopec/PetroChina's fuel that are sold in HK come from the same refinery (& refined to the same standard) as the big 3, only the additives are different (i.e. less advanced). So if u buy the cheapest brand it is still RON98 & EU-compliant in terms of Sulpur levels. Therefore Sinopec/PetroChina in HK doesn't equal to Sinopec/PetroChina in PRC.
For me I use Esso as I have discount from them which matches wht Sinopec gives, plus I only use the cheap version anyway.
Appreciate 0