View Single Post
      02-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #19
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinz View Post
My point about the body being able to absorb more than 60grms (that was a guess btw) or more of protein in one sitting is not a myth. I'm not a biologist, but I am willing to put a lot of money on the line and say that there is a point where the body "has enough" of protein, or any nutrient for that matter, before it will stop absorbing it.

Finally, and most importantly, if you think it's "all about" limiting calories, then you're misguided. I agree that decreasing the amount of calories one takes in is important/necessary in losing weight, but it's also the TYPE of calories one takes in. For example, with all else equal, if we both had only 1500 calories a day, and you did it with pizza/burgers/cokes and I did it with chicken/veggies/fruits I GUARANTEE I would be in better shape and be able to lift more. Why? Because our body is a machine and what you put in is what you get out. The body burns healthy food more efficiently then processed/fattening foods. Plus, if we stick with that 1500 K diet, you would be able to eat maybe 3 pieces of pizza while on the other hand I could have many chicken breats, tons of veggies, egg whites, and a protein shake. That will fuel me all day where as the food you eat won't get you through half a day. I am also recommending that people do weight loss in a sustainable fashion, not by "flash dieting." Making correct choices is far superior then counting calories.

I understand your point about calorie deficts, but it isn't as "F'ing" easy as you put it or we would all be as chisled as Greg Plitt. It takes time, and dedication.

And btw, I don't need a link on the internet showing the the "top 10 myths" of anything. I don't believe everthing I read on the internet like some people do
Any full grown man eating 1500 calories is doing it wrong. I'll agree to disagree here. GL to you whatever your goals are.

PS Counting calories will always win out. You're playing a guessing game with just eating "clean foods." That's why 9/10 people never get the results they want.