02-01-2015, 12:25 PM   #58
Lost Horizon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435 MPPK+1970 XKE OTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xG35c View Post
The issue is the green AC light being off, yet the compressor still runs and chills there air - not an issue in the winter since the heat is on anyway but annoying when it's warm out but not enough to require AC.
Just noticed another over-automated feature - the recirc feature shutting itself off after about a minute when it's cold. I select it when I'm behind an exhaust spewing bus and then the car shuts it off (back to auto) a short while later which I notice by breathing fumes! Seems our manually selected features are becoming mere suggestions and the car always knows best!
You can thank your gov't for some of those "features"... I believe that there is a minimum requirement for fresh (use the word loosely) air in the cabin, and that there must be a positive cabin pressure relative to the outside environment (perhaps for CO from the underside exhaust / engine bay possible leak reasons?). The way they get that is to bring in some minimum quantity of outside air based on some average over time. While it is true that it's much harder to die from CO in a car these days with the lesser CO emissions, the law still stands. Headache, maybe, but not as big a deal as it used to be.

You can be sure that they didn't work thru all those A/C HVAC software branching statement permutations and combinations simply to upset the owner and spend more money on the development because they ran out of things to do..

Last edited by Lost Horizon; 02-01-2015 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0