shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeenDriver View Post
I haven't had much time to poke around the code much, but has anyone seen or knows if you can code the items found in the Driver Assistance Plus package ( Speed Limit Info
and Lane Departure Warning w/ Forward Collision Warning )? My car has everything else but ACC and this package. I know the buttons lower left of the steering wheel aren't there, but I'd figure coding with or without a 5AC profile from a car that had the options may turn it on.
Well, the same camera is used for 5AD Lane Departure Warning (LDW), 8TH Speed Limit Info (SLI) and 5AC Automatic High Beams (AHB). So as a starting point, if you have one of those three options, you may be able to get the other 2 relatively easy, but depending on what you are starting with and what you want to add, you still may need some additional hardware or FSC Codes.

For example, if you have LDW and you want to add SLI, I think you will have to buy an expensive FSC Code and have it Imported and Activated in your CIC before you can code 8TH. Conversely, if you have SLI and want to add LDW, I think you can just code 5AD; however, you will need to add or replace the dash driver assistance panel, and either replace the steering wheel with one with the vibration actuator in it, or add the vibration actuator to your existing steering wheel if possible, unless of course you have 5AG Lane Change Warning (LCW), aka Active Blind Spot Detection, as the vibration actuator would already be present.

So, there are a lot of variables involved, and the devil is in the details. You just have to figure out exactly what you have to start with, what you want to add, and then determine what you need to fill the gap (Coding, Parts, FSC Codes, etc.). In most cases though, it will likely involve more than just coding.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0