05-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #37
Thumper333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
I actually got lucky with this F31, we were going to custom order but it was going to be a 3 month wait time. Dealer found this one sitting in storage in Munich that was almost the same spec, just didn't have DHP, Parking Assistant or HK.
Similar story for me, gave my dealer the order specs and sat back to wait. She called me the next day to say the exact car I wanted was already on a boat due in about a week. She contacted the dealer it was headed for and made a trade to get it for me. It was literally the exact build I wanted, talk about fate.

Those systems look nice but pricey. A lot of money to spend on what will be basically just looks. My plan was to have a local exhaust shop fabricate some pipes (do a full delete of the rear muffler), buy the 335 M-sport diffuser (or a CF version) which I am pretty sure should fit, and just buy some nice tips. Should be less than half the cost of pre-built systems. I did the same on my GTI, got a custom fabricated center mount with a Borla resonator for $500, well under the $2200 pre-packaged options.

When we picked up our F31 there was a 335 M-sport being delivered at the same time, and was parked right next to ours. I got down and took good looks at both and the diffuser looked identical. Unless they changed the mount tabs and how it attaches underneath, it SHOULD fit.

Man, I would be so happy if they gave us a 6cylinder. I love this F31, but if they were to offer a 6cylinder before my lease is up this car would be on Swapalease so fast it would make your head spin so I could order a new 6cylinder one. LOL
2015 Audi S3 Misano Red | 19" Sport pack w/Mag Ride | B&O
1983 Porsche 944 All stock
Appreciate 0