View Single Post
      09-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
riimiX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalls90 View Post
Yes you are high risk. Any male under the age of ~25 is high risk. Let alone you are trying to get into a high performance coupe. Your insurance will be a fortune alone.

Assuming part time, 20 hours a week. Assuming teenage job, $10 an hour. Assuming 4 weeks a month. Assuming total state, federal, medicare and social security tax rate of 10%.

You're looking at just over $700 a month in income.

A 435 payment will be at least $450-500/mo. Your gas will be at least $150/mo. Your insurance will be at least $200/mo. Totals to $800 a month. This is a conservative estimate ...

But wait, there's more! Don't forget about the excise tax of a few hundred to a thousand dollars up front, or the total due at signing which is a few thousand (assuming you're leasing, since unless you have 15,000+ in the bank there's no way you can finance)

So if you want to throw away every penny you make each month to get into a car you cannot afford before you are 20, so be it. You will finally have the car you've always dreamed of having! But have no money to do anything with it and no where you can afford to visit.

This must be one of the craziest things I've read on here in a while.
walls is right. i mean, i didn't want to mention this point, discourage you or hijack this thread.... but unless daddy warbucks is paying for everything you should consider saving up for your future. my first car was a honda accord and i drove it for 8 years before finally making a leap into an infiniti g37 and then bmw.

money is MUCHHHH easier to stockpile when you're living at home with minimal expenses. re-focus for the long run and pick-up something fun to drive. why not consider an FRS or BRZ? you'll get the same thrill going through the twisties just minus the luxury aspect and some power.

in b4 "let him do what he wants" / "he didnt ask if this was a smart decision" etc.
Appreciate 0