View Single Post
      07-23-2012, 03:46 AM   #18
F30Driver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330D M-Sport RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT View Post
I'm too wondering the same sentence as they say "crash WAS unavoidable", so in this case crash already happened and after that then the car will slow down automatically to stop. Hmm. what's the point to have car breaking after crash why not before ???
Probably giving too much control to the car.

I wouldnt mind if the car applied the brakes after an impact to ensure the vehicle came to and stayed at a stop. But as for the car autonomously braking for me =\ That's just ultimately losing control of your most important function of the car. Regardless how good computers are becoming; my windscreen wipers have went haywire twice already with the car suffering with the FEM faults like many others. Having auto brake on cruise is bad enough and usually I will just disengage cruise to slow down manually - especially on motorways which have a reduced limit.

Chances are the car wouldn't spot 'pop up' threats any quicker than you. It is a computer after all and you have a brain - so there is no advantage to be had against deer etc. And if you're worried about rear ending stationary traffic then you need to respect that you're driving what can be a killing machine and pay more bloody attention to the road.
Appreciate 0