01-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #217
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
OK, good to know. The Conti's seem fine to me. Although I'm not sure one can make an accurate judgement of good/bad tires on a brand new car unless they can drive back-to-back with a complete different set. I know on the M3's, the Contis were the worst OEM tire, with Michelins the best. Of course those are non-RFT and different sizes so who knows.
No Michelin's in either size (18 or 19 in RFT) otherwise all other options would be a step down. Yes, I like Michelin tires.

Quote:
I've got a shelf full of goodies that I'll dig into Monday
Would like to know what goodies you use on your wheels. I've tried just about everything and cannot anything better than the following:

1. Mother's wheel brush
2. Mothers wheel toothbrush
3. Some microfibre random deep wheelbrush I got for cleaning well into the Rim.
4. P21S for normal washing along with lots of sudsy Meguiars Gold car wash on Mother's brushes.
5. Sonax Full Effect for every few washes. This stuff is amazing. Scary amazing.
6. Wheel Wax for every few cleanings to deflect sticky dust
7. Meguiars Brake Dust Barrier. Be 100% sure wheel is 1000% dry before applying, otherwise you'll regret it. It seems to help a lot along with #6. I washed my car today and it took 15 minutes to clean my wheels. Amazing considering these horrid dust bucket brake pads!

Quote:
Maybe I won't get so many of the sneers from people that don't like typical BMW cars/owners?
Oh, you will. You live in a State that believes pickups are a religion.
Appreciate 0