12-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #38
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
OK, last one. Don't mean to be difficult. So guys with a couple of little kids go for GC, and guys with big fat wives go for the 5? I mean, I'm sure that'll happen, but...lol.
Something like that. A 5er drives very different that a 3-series, which I'm sure we can extrapolate that it will therefore drive very different than a 4GC. And that difference is going to attract two different customers, even if the prices are exactly the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
So, please splain why you went with the AH3. My situation was that my lease ran out on the M3, so have to get rid of it. I went with a 2 year on a 335iS, knowing that the new M4 is 2 years out. It puts out 330HP, has the DCT that I've fallen in love with, and is 300 lbs lighter than the AH3. And it was $8k less than your car. So was mileage the determinant?
I need 4 doors, second kid showed up last month No doubt the 335is is a nice, quick car.. I almost bought one myself before I bought my E92 M3 last year. But the AH3 (just like a 4GC) feels about 10 years newer than the E9x gen, with cameras, HUD, new Navigation, etc. And ~50% of my time behind the wheel is spend in heavy stop-and-go Dallas traffic. So 35mpg+ was very appealing to me. Not to mention, I got the AH3 for ~$1K more than the 335i I was about to pull the trigger on. Cheap gas + short supply of 335i + Eco-credits means AH3 is very cheap right now....
Appreciate 0