Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmo93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
The 550 is direct. I'm doing it now on my F10 N55. I had 500wtq on my stock clutch and was getting slip. Though the stock clutch is extremely resilient 473wtq is past its limits, be careful. A new clutch is about 400 bucks and a new DMFW is about 1200 not including labor. Don't glaze your DMFW from 473wtq. Get the 550 clutch soon or tune down your wtq asap. In the pics you can see the minor hotspots from 500wtq.

We've found that 430wtq its at its limits and this is with a CDV mod/delete. The 550 clutch should be good up to 550wtq maybe even 600. I'll know soon.

Thanks for the response. I'm not planning on making that much power. I guess my plans are to stay with JB4 Map 1 as I'm very content with the power. Map 2 is a stretch for me. But should I be okay with map 1 on a stock clutch. Obviously i understand it won't last as long if the car was stock. And yeah DMFW isn't cheap lol. If this day comes for me do I have to buy a 550i DMFW or is the F30 flywheel good?
Map1, 2 or 5, if you're over 430wtq it's only a matter of time. That said, if you're not hitting the clutch hard from a dig or wot from a low gear or don't let off when you feel a slip, the clutch will probably last a long time at 473wtq. Flywheel will most likely be chassis specific it's the 550/335is as for the clutch itself that can be used on the 335/535
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0