12-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #12
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Not in terms of looking good. We know the F30 looks hot. I'm talking about cabin temperature. Each of my previous 3 BMWs had sun/moonroofs. None have exhibited such warm cabin temperatures as the F30.

Today in Melbourne, the temperature on this overcast day, struggled to reach 18 a little earlier, yet the cabin temp was very warm when I had to make a quick trip a short time ago. The location where I keep my car during the day in my office has been exactly the same for the past 16 or so years.

My E90 was never this warm. Even when driving on previous days, I have noticed how warm the cabin is. I have to put the a/c on in 20 degree days, even if I open the sunroof.

Is anyone else experiencing a warmer than expected cabin in their F30?
Must admit haven't found the same issue with mine. I'm in Melbourne as well. My previous car (Mazda 6) also had a sunroof and haven't found any noticable difference in temperature. Maybe both cars are hotter than your E90. Anyway, the AC works great in the F30 so no problems for me. Also, my windows have been tinted in both cars.
Appreciate 0