12-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #22
MarkyMarkOz
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
How much does BMW charge for the HK option in Australia? Its $875 in the US and IMO quite a bargain. The stock stereo lacks fidelity and if you tried to improve upon it in the aftermarket it would cost way more than $875 to do better.

BTW, HK sounds shines if the equalizer is adjusted properly. I used the same EQ settings I got for my E90 and they work like a charm in my F30. Sounds quite lovely to me.

Good luck getting your car back soon. Dealer has to work with BMW Australia on this because along with getting your computer back up, BMW wants data to try to make sure this type of "brick" doesn't become epidemic.
It is about $1500AUD I recall. For that money (and even $875) I can do a speaker/amp upgrade to my sportline that will kick the HK out of the park IMHO. The difference between the SportLine sound and the HK sound was different (better), but for the extra money vs the sound quality increase I cold not hear the value. Just a personal opinion.

BTW, I asked both one of the mechanics and the Service agent, but neither had any details on the SW update, only that it was recent (less than 8 wks old) and was minor so would only be applied to cars in for service, no need to apply as a recall.
Appreciate 0