View Single Post
      02-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #22
elrey21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 xDrive35i

The GT is growing on me but I LOVE! that wagon ... ill be swapping my 328i for that in 2 years hopefully.

I believe they made the GT because of the success of the X6 although I think the 5 GT was a failure as there arent nearly as many of those as X6's on the road. Just like the X6 the look has to grow on you. I believe many hated the X6 at first only to later fall in love (me included). I did get an X5 instead when I had the chance because its just more practical. All in all the success of that GT will probably be based on Price. If the 335 xDrive GT MSport Loaded is close to 55K then I dont see how anyone could choose it over a lightly optioned X6 for around 63K after negotiating.

PLUS .... Theres just no love for Wagons in the US anymore, Soccer moms would rather get an SUV. I think more enthusiats and the occasional weekend traveler would like a wagon but thats just a small group. The A4 Avant is a good looking car IMO and theres not many of those on the road compared to the amount of A4s you see on a daily basis.

Just my 2 cents
Appreciate 0