View Single Post
      11-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Cool Performance Exhaust

So I started off this morning looking for an exhaust cutting tool at various hire places and auto stores, without success. Just as I was about to call it a day I came across a dodgy looking exhaust shop with absolutely zero customers, and figured what the hell. Asked the guy to make a cut where I wanted and he agreed for $20. Left the existing exhaust on the hangers with some wire to prevent it falling off and made the 5km journey home. All I can say is don't delete your muffler. Did my best to keep it under 1500rpm (EcoPro finally came in useful for something).

Once I got it home it was pretty simple. Probably took no more than 30 mins with the majority of that getting the car off the ground.

How's it sound... subtle at first, but after a decent drive, definately more noticable. I expect it will develop over time. It enhances and accentuates the existing aural characteristics of the car, rather than changing them.

Thanks again to Stu at BMR for getting the exhaust to me. Again, completely satisfied, and a great price as well. Its comparable to what the guys in the US are paying, so can't complain at all about that. No need to import it from OS.

And as usual, some pic whoring...

2000 E46 318i Cosmos Black

Last edited by dcg71; 11-23-2012 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 0