05-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #21
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by focal View Post
you buy a new car (F3x) and you have grandiose plans. you reach those goals modifying. there is obviously more money and more mods to make it look better, driver faster, handle better, sound louder/better and feel better, but do you stick to your plans or let this forum push you to invest even more?

I'm getting to the goal line of my original plans. The MPE was an unexpected add on and I'm still not 100% sold on it. Noise is counter to what I want the car to be (a luxury sedan with exceptional handling) but it does sound good during the fun times on the weekend. I still wonder if it is proper to drive into a client's site and roar in through the garage?

so how do you know when to stop? and when you do stop, how do you continue to be an enthusiast?

There are local forums and groups. They meet regularly for a strong "real" social network. It is still a stronger E9x group more than F3x group so the mod mentality and mindsets are different. As F3x cars come off lease, I'm sure that this contingent will grow larger.

do you mod until the day you sell? or do you just enjoy what you've done for years ahead?
I think it depends on what you want to do with the car. One direction that will shoot you down a pretty unending path is tracking the car. Once you place your luxury sedan on a race track you will quickly learn there are all kinds of weaknesses. Dealing with the ones that are actually possible to address and having time to get back on the track to try your solution will be a loooooong process.
Appreciate 0