Thread: Help please.
View Single Post
      01-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #95
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

I know from personal experience how disappointing it can be to spend all this money on a BMW and for it to not come from the factory in perfect condition.

My list of problems so far has been:

Passenger seat booster constantly popping out. This happened whilst the dealer was showing me how everything worked so within 5 days it was back in the garage to be repaired. Took them over a month in the end as the part had to be ordered in. Sorted

RTTI on the sat nav not functioning and not able to connect to BMW Connect. Again, back to the dealer to resolve, couldn't resolve. Email to BMWCS with screenshots, sent on to BMW Germany and eventually they reset something at their end. Took 2 months to fix that one. Sorted

Squealing breaks at slow speeds. Minor problem which was sorted after they gave them a good going over. This one only took a day so considerably the best so far Sorted

Rusty seat bases. Whereas I can sort of live with minor problems like those above, for me, this is the biggest let down. Ok, it's something I would probably never have noticed if it hadn't been highlighted on here but this is a premium brand and even if it wasn't I wouldn't expect a brand new car to have rust. Taken it to show the dealer and emailed them photos. Not too helpful to begin with and I've not heard anything since I took it in but I'm hoping that was just Christmas shut down for them and they're doing something. We'll see, but this will be sorted one way or another!

All told, in just over 4 months of ownership I think my car has been back at the dealership for 7 days. If they decide to do something about the seats then that will be more time.

Am I disappointed they couldn't build a car where everything works as it should? Yes
Will I make sure they put everything right? Yes
Would it put me off another BMW? No.

I love my car and these are only minor problems which can be sorted. Until everything is sorted I am still going to drive my car and enjoy every mile