06-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #7
advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2lium View Post
From what I understand reading this document, the 435d will only have one single double output exhaust pipe on the left ? is that real ??

No more left/right exhaust pipe like on the 335d ? what a shame I don't understand why they made this change.

(it's on page 7 : Auspuffendrohr doppelt mit Chromblende)
Wow... that supremely sucks.

No doubt that's a marketing decision in order to leave the diesel separated double exhaust to the M Performance version (M440d?). But how many of those will they really sell compared to the more mainstream 435d?? By doing this they deprive the 435d buyers (who already signed a big cheque especially here in Europe) from the esthetic reward of having a separated exhaust like the 435i, just so that the M440d look even more upmarket... So they are downgrading the looks of the 435d to that of the 430d in order to push towards buying the M440d... Well I personally would rather downgrade my purchase and get a 430d instead

Oh and why bundle the 435d with xDrive?? Where is BMW's "hallmark rear-wheel drive" gone? It's not like the drivetrain couldn't contain the torque, the 535d does not need xDrive.
Appreciate 0