View Single Post
      03-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #25
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Underwhelmed huh? That's the feeling I got from the review...yes/no?
i replied earlier, but wanted to add more...hope I'm not being too vague. i I'm trying to be as honest as possible so people can find parts of it that connect with them, as so they can decide. The expected thing to do is write a review that says WOOOT its amazing!, so while I'm happy, I wanted to explain all sides of it as clearly as possible that's all.

So, some more info after driving a bit more. (I've logged about 60 miles, but had to get back to work and pick up kid, so no more crazy driving )

I was just thinking, a good way of describing it is if you have driven the 328, and driven the 335, there is a noticeable diff in power. (i love the 328 this is not a 328 bash comment at all and please lets not go there).

if you're expecting the M perf p kit to feel like the difference btwn 328 and 335, it's about half of that, or a pinch more than half. Comfort mode though feels like the old sport mode and is much better. Throttle response def more natural, and sport mode at mid/higher speeds really wakens up. The throttle in sport is really sensitive. The passing ability is really improved. You hit 90 when you thought it was around 75 passing a car.

I noted that it reminds me of the s4 now, which is a car that's just a pinch more powerful, and AWD than the 335. in terms of midrange pull, and that's probably the best I can describe it for now.

again, this is my DD, i have a kid, a wife who rides with me a lot, I wanted more power, but to retain the sort of original balance and engineering of the car, and this nails that. So I'm happy. You always yearn for more power, but to me it comes with other drawbacks sometimes, and this is a good balance. it falls under the "it should have come like this from the factory" category. as opposed to "this is my custom tuned animal".

Make sure you keep the labor down though. They try to def add hours of labor to it and it'll quickly get over priced.

Keep in mind i have the 6mt, so i get a bit less torque, but i can feel it. Interested to see how the 8AT guys review it.