01-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #90
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Just posting to say I have dropped Aviva after being with them for over 5 years. Boy have they changed since the Norwich Union days.

I still have a £700 refund due to me, but because I paid on two different cards, they will be sending me a cheque in 19 working days. I asked whether they would allow someone insuring a car to pay by cheque in 19 days.......the answer? NO!!!. I then asked the operator if they thought that was fair? No answer

I decided to go with BMW insurance, not the cheapest option but I do value the 'repaired by a BMW bodyshop' service.
They are all muppets the lot of them Though I think I read something recently that even with the rubbish/cheap insurance companies, you're well within your rights to expect your car to be returned to its previous condition and looked after in the best possible way (i.e. by BMW themselves), and are therefore able to choose BMW as the repairer yourself, regardless of insurer or policy?