06-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
Adceleratus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i M Sport Estoril Blue II

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.c View Post
hi Adceleratus, i ve the eisenmann quad installed on my 328 as well.
but i found the exhaust on the right hand side does not working as expected.

after a harsh driving which constantly rev to 7k rpm, the tips on left hand side is really hot that i cant hold my fingers on it for more than a sec. but the tips on the right hand side is still cold. its more like a fake quad to me.

i wonder do u experience the same problem like mine? thanks in advance~!
I have only had it installed for a couple days, so I am not too sure but I will definitely check tomorrow. My suspicion is that it is because there are two, rather larger exits connecting the muffler to the tips on the right side whereas on the left side there is only one thinner exit leading to both tips. Much less hot air probably exits the left side because of this, so those two tips don't absorb enough to feel notably hot. So if I am correct (and I very well may not be lol) then it isn't dysfunctional or detrimental (at least with a 2.0L), but instead just related to the design of the exhaust. I really know little about how engines and cars in general work, so maybe someone who is more knowledgable can confirm, but I think that because less air goes through smaller engines, there isn't a need for multiple large exhaust exits, while not enough exits on a 4.0l engine might limit horsepower (i.e. a quad exhaust would make little difference on our engines one way or another).

You may already know all of this, but I assume that it wouldn't make a significant difference if two or just one side was functional. Again, I am not at all sure about this though. I personally purchased the quad tip for the look of it. Call me a poser but I love the look of it and with a couple mods the N20 is just as powerful as some cars that get quad exhaust straight out of the factory (S3?).
Appreciate 0