11-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #138
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrigger View Post
The deposit is refundable. You could always make crap up like you lost your job and all the dealerships are very sympathetic. Plus, you could always talk to the GM to get it back.

You can always negociate a better deal while they have your deposit. Your deal sounds fair though, as long as it's 1k over invoice BEFORE USAA rebate. If they are also willing to eat the MACO score then even better (you have to make sure they'll eat this before hand or they'll bring it up during the final purchase time, just ask for Out the door price)

by the way, you are correct, the 335i is very scarce on dealer lots. I had to order mine as they had none at the dealership.
The deal was 1K over AFTER all incentives were applied, so yea, I think this was 3K over invoice until college grad + holiday incentives. I didn't realize people were able get this price and apply incentives until after reading the forums closer. My excuse is I needed place the order asap to get the car before starting a new job.

As I mentioned in another thread, I contacted the CA about applying the incentives to my price (1K + invoice) and this was his response: When we spoke of price a few days ago I agreed I would sell you the 335 at 1,000 over invoice. We are absorbing all rebates and discounting the vehicle to meet that price.