04-20-2021, 09:28 AM   #18
KCee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328 GT XDrive 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by juleswheel View Post
I have been very happy with my 2015 328 GT, and was planning on keeping it until the wheels fell off, but I am starting to reconsider. It's my understanding that BMW connected will be gone as of Feb 2022 for all vehicles prior to the model year 2017. This is due to the discontinuation of 3G. This means no SOS, or theft recovery system, let alone any of the remote systems such as door lock, unlock, etc. It's pretty disappointing that BMW doesn't sound like they are going to offer any kind of retrofit for this, making any car technologically obsolete at anything older than 5 years. For what we pay for these cars, I think that is pretty crummy when some of us have been promised (and paid for) some of these services - up to 2024 in my case.
I bought mine used and they turned it off after 1 year. There wasn't even an option to pay to continue it. Since I never had to use it I don't really miss it, but that is disappointing that they are not going to support it for those that expected to have it.
Appreciate 0