05-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #213
Just a 3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i prem sport perf pkge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
Global warming is fact - hardly any skeptics deny that any more, there's just too much evidence.

What the skeptics deny is that it's caused by human activity - which is why most people here, if not everyone, have been careful to only refer to global warming as being fact, and not anthropogenic global warming as being fact. The two are very different.

Don't get me wrong - as someone said there is a huge amount of evidence for anthropogenic global warming but I've had enough discussions with skeptics to know that it's just not worth going there.
Skeptics, or practical people? Not those that live in 15,000 sq foot homes and tell others to drive hybrids......Me reference was to man made global warming by the way. Global warming and global cooling are phenomenon that have been happening for millions of years, where there wasn't any trace of humans, and will continue to happen. Did you ever wonder how ice ages happened, and how the ice melted? Surely you didn't that that was due to heavy industrialization, right? And please don't point me to to another self serving 'study' as to why the ice melted after the ice ages - all made up theories cloaked as if in fact.

If there is data that contradicts their theories, they just keep it hidden. Initially what started as man made Global Warming, became Climate Change, because after some hotter than usual years, there were some colder than usual years...so to win arguments, in a 'heads I win, tails you lose' type of scenario, the name was changed to 'Climate Change'

In any case, my last post on warming/cooling or ASS - I have learnt long back it is hard to convince the global warming crowd any which way but theirs. So best of luck, and enjoy your ASS, CVT (when you get it in a BMW) etc. etc.
Appreciate 0