Thread: Buyers remorse?
View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #12
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

"I should have..." is our typical hindsight thinking.

Difficult decision if you really are not satified with the original purchase. But as others have said, probably best to try and see the car for what it is, and enjoy until you plan to change.

But it does show we do need to really work it all out first of all, or be satisfied and be prepared to run the period, if we don't want to throw more money down the motoring drain.

I've had years at this motor purchasing game, and I've always felt that if the options are really important, then buying nearly new with all the kit added is the best way of getting value in what we want.

I was in the market for a new F30/31 and was prepared to spend about £45k (Sterling) including and options. Was going to 'compromise' on an F31 328i with a few key options. But it wasn't going to be my ideal car with a 4-pot engine. For less than the new price of the F31, I was able to get an F11 535i loaded with kit with just under 6k miles on the clock. Now I've got the near perfect specification in a vehicle listed at £58k new, for £35k. The way nearly new cars sell in the UK, you get the expensive options for virtually nothing after a few months, once depreciation takes its toll. OK my car was just over a year old, but still like new and at 6k miles is barely run in anyway.

BTW, I've bought the new car in the past and regretted not adding options, as I personally find the options make a car much more special.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0