08-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #121
johnofcross
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Superman 2013 F30 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 Skye View Post
love the overall design of the F30. but i do agree that from straight front it looks real flat and wide on the nose, but in person it looks better. My only 3 complaints are the 1. size of the f30 (which we can't really do anything about b/c everybody keeps making cars bigger) and 2. The interior switch gear looks like it might of stayed the same or gone down in quality slightly and 3. After test driving an F30 335i I wasn't as blown away driving it when compared to driving a B8 A4 and is350 F-sport, where as when I bought my e90 330 6 years ago the gap between audi, lexus, infiniti, merc vs bmw was so huge.
Definitely has a better ride than my car, the design is clean cut, wish the nose wasn't as wide but the flared fenders were slightly more pronounced, and wish it didn't sit so high up stock.
but with all that being said, pure looks wise F30 M-sport > any E90 (maybe tied with e90 m3)
I agree on all your points, except for the grammar j/k
The gap you speak off has more to do with how the competition has caught up with the BMW. It has been the yard stick for so long that everyone finally has caught up in this lucrative market (entry luxury). However, with what the F30 brings to the table (ASS, HUD, Adaptive Cruise control, just to name a few) the competition still has more work to do.
Appreciate 0