07-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #8
firatsirma
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by txnewbie View Post
Ok guys I wanted your take. I got on this thread when I decided to get the F30. I became excited, geeked out, read a lot and learned about tracking the car etc... After I asked them to place the order and they told me it had been placed I asked my SA for the VIN, or order no. He did not get back to me for 3-4 days. I asked him again after 2 days I believe. He told me the information was not available. At that point I texted him asking if he was lying about ordering it. He calls me and literally tells me he is not sure what he can do to make me happy, he is trying his best to make me happy and it just seems like I won't be happy. Really? You dont respond to me for several days and then lie about something and you wonder. Anyhow a quick call to the Sales Manager, I got the info in 5 minutes from the sales manager(oh that is what triggered the call from SA saying he is not sure what he can do to make me happy).... Even got the scheduled production week.
This is almost exactly what happened to me when I tried to order my F30 via a dealer in Luxembourg. Asked for the order no. several times, got no replies. I was so mad, I sent an e-mail to BMW Belux (they are overseeing BMW Luxembourg), cc'ed the SA and complained about her attitude.. The same day I received a reply from BMW Belux apologizing about what happened and I got all the answers I needed, even the scheduled production week and estimated delivery time! And when the car was ready, they contacted me immediately. So far everything's going smoothly, as it's meant to be..

I don’t get why these things happen in the first place. I can understand that people may live through difficult periods from time to time but at the end of the day helping me with my purchase is the very definition of your job!

Anyway, my point is, I was so close to canceling my order and going Merc but I'm glad that things have turned out ok.. If they hadn’t, I would have certainly cancelled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txnewbie View Post

But good to hear the SA should not get a pass. I kind of feel like chain of command will work. Sales Manager respects my father a lot and likes me. I think it can be dealt with at that level, unless you guys really think going straight to BMW NA is the way to go?
Hey, don’t feel that you have to play nice with these guys. They’re selling, you’re buying, it’s business! If you go to BMW NA with this, you’ll be just complaining about a wrong attitude and there's nothing wrong with that. I’m not saying it should cost the guy his job, but he definitely needs a serious lesson.

As the previous posters said, they should know that this kind attitude and incompetence come with consequences!
It's ready, but I'm not there yet: Mineral grey 320i Luxury. Sport auto, sensatec venetobeige, professional satnav, servotronic, PDC, cruise control, xenon headlights, headlight wash, rain sensor with auto headlight.
Appreciate 0