05-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #48
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbs View Post
Audi feels like a pig, but IMO looks better on the outside and inside compared to the BMW. That said it's just not nearly as much of a drivers car as the BMW.
Not quite a pig, and less of a driver's car, yes. Even though it goes faster, it doesn't feel faster when you're going fast...

Nicer, higher quality interior though, and more refined....but I don't think the exterior styling is all that great on the S4.

One more positive for 2013 is that Audi are adding a way to direct engine noise to the cabin....which is nice, because in the 2012 all you hear is exhaust drone...and it's not that nice.

Still, in the 335i, you get a sensation of being pushed back into the seat when you accelerate, and that makes you feel like you're driving something really sporty.

On the speedometer in the S4, you see the numbers going up really fast, but you don't get the same sensation.

On the roads around here I found it difficult to judge handling....although the steering advantage with both cars in sport mode, to me, is better in the 335i.
Appreciate 0