View Single Post
      07-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #222
KevRyd
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Xdrive MSport EBII

Words like Engaging and Focused are very debatable and suggestive. your whole statement is disputable. Thanks for giving us the final new revalation, Now that you have clarified everything we can put this to rest, thanks for doing that, your the man!

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
Jesus, 10 pages of bickering over this again?!?

I belatedly found this short comparo through the truth about cars, and logged on to see what others have to say about it. Naturally, I went to the E90 forum, since this is something E90 owners would like to hear about. Nothing there. So I came here to see if it's been posted just in case, and boom, a freaking thread explosion.

What is there left to argue? The facts are clear. The F30 is more comfortable, more livable, more efficient, but less engaging and less focused than the E90. The only disputable thing I can think of is the styling, and maybe the interior material. The rest is PURELY PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

All this BS about whether the 3 series is a sports car or not is just utter juvenile nonsense. Everything's a spectrum. The 3er used to sit on the sportier edge of that spectrum, and over the years has migrated towards the comfort/practicality end. It just so happens that the F30 is a fairly big leap in that migration compared to the E90. (For those that say the E90 was hated relative to the E46 when it came out, show me a review from 7 years ago that complains about the E90 being less engaging than the E46. Yes, people hated the styling initially, and it did get bigger and heavier, but very few complained about the E90 being softer than the E46.)

So if that migration is a good thing for you, great, enjoy the F30. If not, that's fine too, you'll just have to hold onto your E90 longer and hope that the new 2er will be more engaging. Isn't this all there is to this endless argument?
Appreciate 0