View Single Post
      07-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #72
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

From CL: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...sed-supra.html

Quote:
Toyota's 2010 unintended-acceleration crisis and the Japan earthquake and tsunami that followed in 2011 diverted engineering resources and resulted in delays in the development of some key products and engines.

But while Toyota plays catch-up in areas such as direct injection, it is moving ahead in others. For example, it is adopting continuously variable transmissions starting this fall with the redesigned Corolla. Also, there is renewed interest in turbocharging -- starting with the Lexus brand, but quickly filtering into Toyota-badged products.

Here is a look at what's coming from Toyota........

Supra: Toyota is considering a return of the venerable sports car name. After letting the Supra trademark die in 2006, the company renewed the application in 2010. Plus, new Toyota Chairman Takeshi Uchiyamada has said the sports car Toyota is developing with BMW should reflect the previous Supra. Still, dealers shouldn't expect anything for several years. If Akio Toyoda has approved the Lexus LF-LC coupe, that platform could filter down to the Supra.

I think the bottom one is the LF-LC. I don't know what the white concept is. I doubt an actual BMW/Toyota Supra would be so gaudy, though.
Appreciate 0