BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
From CL: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...sed-supra.html

I think the bottom one is the LF-LC. I don't know what the white concept is. I doubt an actual BMW/Toyota Supra would be so gaudy, though.

The white one is the FT-HS, a Supra concept, V6 Hybrid, that inspired the design of the FT-86 (aka GT86/FR-S). The LF-LC will be a V8 powered performance hybrid, 2, 2+ or 2+2 seater. It is yet totally unknown what the Toyota BMW project will be, that is why I can't wait till Tokyo Auto Show.

The goal of this coorp is for Toyota to reduce price its costs on CF chassis, so that the Toyota should not costs as the LFA, same goes for BMW, they don't want to develop a sports car alone for cost reasons.

The decisions going at BMW/Toyota are what type of sportscar do they want to build, something affordable (50-60 K), a 911 rival (100 K) or a supercar. (150-200 K). The supercar is very likely have a MR layout with V8 engine, BMW S63 and Toyota their V8 Turbo or NA V8, both with hybrid tech. If a 911 rival, it would be also a 2 seater, either MR or FR layout. Both Toyota and BMW would use their V6 Turbo (assuming M3/M4 has V6). The other car would be a FR layout, something a Z4 M/Z5, V6 engine (?) and no hybrid.
Appreciate 0