07-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #76
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Care to elaborate? All I did was compare my E90's shitty interior to the IS350's. I don't exactly see what "fancy perception" I could have when I'm just comparing my own personal experience and not pulling things out of my ass. The only thing I have been "disappointed" in is BMW. After being brought up by a loyal BMW father and having E39 M5 and E46 M3 GTR posters on my wall for years, I honestly think my E46 M3 is the last BMW I'll be buying.

My mother leased an IS350 a few months after I leased the E90. Long story short, I turned mine in and she bought hers out. My interior's finish was chipping all over the place, headliner sagging in the passenger rear corner, rattles all over the place, etc. Meanwhile, hers was still in great condition despite her putting in more miles and shuttling around clients multiple times per week and she hardly ever had to take it to the dealer while I was thanking God for the no cost maintenance because I was driving loaner cars all the time with how often my car was being serviced.
I feel sorry for your experience.
Lexus is just a fancy Toyota, they might look nice outside, but when you are opening their door panels and check out their steel and the technical approach, you can see the difference. Even the guy who fixes dents on my cars told me how soft they are in comparison with German and English cars. From outside might look better (for some people) but they are not that great. Just proven reliable mechanics(usually older than competition) but they will never drive like a BMW. For me is not just the leather.
I beautiful woman might look good but there is a time when she needs to show what's inside.
I had one Lexus as a try-on and I dump the thing in two weeks. I will never buy one.
Appreciate 0