10-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #79
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacampbe View Post
I've noticed this as well. But I've about convinced myself that it's more a perception than reality thing. When the car starts because I've taken my foot off the brake, I expect it. There's a shake, but it's combined with other motion.

When it starts because it wants to run the A/C compressor, I don't. I know it will do it, but don't exactly know when. And the car (and driver) is otherwise still at the time, so the shake is more noticeable.

OTOH, my biggest complaints is that it shuts off too quickly at a stop. It makes sense to stop at a light, but it doesn't make sense to shut off for a stop sign when all I'm doing is stopping and going. This can't help but encourage rolling stops at stop signs. If it would wait 3-5 seconds before shutting off, that wouldn't be a problem.

I also wish they could do something about the accessory voltage drop when it restarts. My V1 reboots about half the time. I suspect that is at least partially behind the frequent iPod Classic lockups we keep seeing.

I agree. The car is nice and quite with the engine off and you just know it's going to restart from the A/C, you're just trying to guess when. It's still pretty rough for me (7400 miles). I wonder what that's doing to the motor mounts?

I also wish that the time until auto-stop was adjustable a bit; it's right about 1.5 seconds. I'd like it just a bit longer. I've had many instances where I lift my foot from the brake from a stop sign and right then I can feel the engine try to stop. The engine does keep running and it's pretty smooth, just strange feeling.
Appreciate 0