View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
mgarvey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Renault Megane

I'd second the adaptive suspension - not actually driven one with it specced but most accounts suggest it makes a big difference on pockmarked UK roads.

The standard car misses out on interior storage. For example the neat little tray for money etc to the right of the steering column is part of the storage pack, as are pockets in the rear seats and some other niceties. May not be important to you but I personally miss them.

On an M-Sport I don't think you can really beat Estoril Blue, but AW would look good (but then I would say that), especially with the red seats. You would have to check what dashboard trim you get with this as presumably you would get something other than the standard blue highlights, which would look horrible with red seats!

I chose manual over auto for mine, largely on cost grounds. With hindsight I might've preferred the auto, as the manual is the usual BMW shift that needs manhandling to get the best out of it. It does feel good when you get shifts right though! Taking price out of the equation I guess it depends how much of a purist you are with the driving experience.

Previous: F30 318d Sport, R56 MINI Dooper 2010, E93 325i M-Sport auto 2007, E91 320d SE 2005, E46 318Ci Coupe 2002
Appreciate 0