View Single Post
      02-23-2014, 09:35 PM   #37
Mik3ymomo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 540i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
Like I said earlier in the thread, the DA plays a huge role in how the car runs in the 1/4 mile. From what we know, the OP had a really nice DA to run with. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that he beats what a magazine ran. You can also tell from his times (namely consistency) that launching an automatic AWD car is not exactly rocket science (i.e. doesn't need to be "professional" magazine driver).

A MT RWD car with high torque/power would require a lot more skill. These cars just require figuring out how to prevent the ECU from cutting power, the trans from short shifting and brake torquing the launch correctly. Also, I doubt staggered tires help in drag racing an AWD car like this, where the engine isn't really putting out enough torque - staggering tires is really for RWD cars (especially ones without LSD's) to provide added rear grip and neuter the throttle oversteer a bit (staggered tires create understeer).
That's right, any of you guys should be able to do this. I look forward to you 4 series guys getting out to the track and eclipsing my times.
I look forward to the posts! I don't know how many more times the wife will let me take her car to the track again!
Appreciate 0