**Fortune Favors The Brave**
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObviousChild View Post
So here's my question:

I'm 90 days out (as of today) from lease end. I spoke to two dealers today who were unaware of the iDrive upgrade. I realize if I place my order today, I won't be getting the new hardware/software. So my question is, WHEN do you think I can fill a build slot to ensure I will get the new gear?

End of October?? Or should I play it really safe and wait to order until the end of November?

Seems I will have to extent my current lease by a couple of months to accommodate this, but I feel it is worth it.
What I was planning to do before I found the M Sport I wanted, was to wait and reorder the car as soon as I could confirm on this forum (or elsewhere) that people were getting the new iDrive/Nav on their build. I estimate the new changes will start sometime during the first week of November, but that's just a guess.

The dealer I got it my M Sport from said they had no clue about the new idrive but honestly I think they (and other dealers) are playing possum on this because they want you to buy a car from their lot that day. That's expected I suppose. Same reason I think BMW is keeping somewhat quiet on the exact date the changes start. (Because then more people would not buy a BMW today! ) But it's often I come into the dealer and know more about the product they're selling, so I guess thats possible too.

So my advice would be to finalize the deal with your CA (you have plenty of time to shop around) and as soon as someone on here posts their bmwvin info with the new iDrive and creams themselves that would be the time to put your order in. Personally I don't trust ordering now and telling them to do it only when the new iDrive production starts. Mistakes can be made.