07-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #38
verbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Consider that you're leasing.
A $900 option on a 3 yr lease is much less than $900.
Use your lease calculator and add it. If the monthly is within what you're willing to pay, then get it.

It's better sounding that the base system, and that's all I based it on.
My 135i has the mid range hi-fi. I didn't get the HK option, and I wish I had. I always have music one when I drive. I'm always listening to something. Rarely, I will turn it of, windows down, and do a 1/4 mile run on the rural roads. But, I listen to the audio about 98% of the time when I'm driving.

I've installed systems in previous cars, and yes, every time those systems outperform the OEM systems.
But, it takes time to install, you still have to get all the required install items, and purchase the speakers, amps, wires, etc...
I do the work myself, and frankly I'm tired of taking panels apart and putting all the stuff in. Mostly that's due to the fact that I've leased my last 4 cars.
I installed an excellent system in my E46, but I had it for 3yrs and then moved to another new car.

If you are going to keep your BMW, then go ahead an spend the money and get a good system now, then enjoy it for all the years you'll have your car. But since you're leasing, you're going to spend more in real dollars for an aftermarket system, the what it will cost you for the HK during the lease term. Plus, you don't have to go through the hassle of removing the system and putting all the stock stuff back on.

For those reasons, the HK makes for a much better proposition if leasing.
And, because of leasing, I'm seriously considering adding the adaptive M and VSS to my 335i.
After that long winded explanation, you better go add the dynamic handling package.

And because I just emailed my dealer to add the HK.
Appreciate 0