View Single Post
      07-29-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
banksta
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xDrive Sport Line

What do I do with my stock run flat summers????

Just picked up a 328i x drive sport line and had a few questions for the experts out there...

This is my situation:
1) 19 inch rims w/ summer tires (run flats)
2) Purchased tire and rim protection which dealer said will cover me all year round for 5 years as long as I have rims / tires purchased from BMW (summer or winter tires I end up purchasing)
3) I live in Toronto....

My questions are:

1) I get I will need to switch out the summers as we get close to winter....BUT what is the best thing for me to do given my situation? Given the car is AWD would if suffice for me to buy a set of all seasons from BMW (so as to make sure I am covered under the wheel and tire protection), and never again worry about switching between summer / winter tires? I drove around in a FWD with all seasons this past winter and it seemed ok....is it even possible to buy and switch out the all seasons from BMW?

2) Do I just go ahead and buy a winter tire / rim set from BMW at a ridiculous price and constantly switch between the two? Is the grip of snow tires that much better relative to all seasons to warrant? (remember..i was fine with all seasons on a FWD...)

3) Do I buy a winter tire / rim package myself from tire rack, etc. but then only be covered under the rim / tire protection package for the summer months?

Any advice / suggestions would be much appreciated....
Appreciate 0