View Single Post
      08-06-2014, 07:17 AM   #12
Rxpert
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP 6 Speed Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335icandy
Dealer just sold me the Rim and Tire protection package which covers any wheel and tire on the car... The warranty follows the VIN of the vehicle, not the style of rims and tires you have... they have to have more than 25% tread left though to claim warranty.... It's good for aftermarket wheels is how they sold me on it! $700 later! they better not be lying!
My dealer told me the same thing, that any tire/wheel on the car is covered. They also mentioned a maximum dollar amount per corner though so you can't buy crazy solid 18K gold wheels and have them covered lol. I can't remember what the maximum was, all I know is that it was more than I was planning to spend by a significant amount.

As for the OPs question, get a dedicated set of winter tires/wheels! You will not regret it, stopping on winters does not compare with all-seasons at all. And if the set saves you from one minor fender bender, they've already paid for themselves plus more in saved insurance premiums.

Plus you'll find with two sets, you'll buy tires less because they wear out at half the rate. In the long run it's more than worth it!

I'm biased though because I've had winter tires save my hide on more than one occasion......
Appreciate 0