View Single Post
      06-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
micknugget
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328 Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by xugator View Post
It seems like every couple of days, the idrive in my brand new F30 will just randomly reboot. Each time it has happened, I have been listening to mp3s from a flash drive in the center console. When this happens, the song will stop playing and the idrive will go completely black. About 10 seconds later, the song will pick up right where it left off, the bmw splash screen will show and then it will be back to normal.

I have reformatted the flash drive and updated the software on the idrive to the current version and that did not help. I dont even know if its even related to the music. I also have my bluetooth phone connected which also I suppose could cause an issue

Anyone have any ideas other than just taking this to the dealer? I have a feeling this will be difficult for them to diagnose and in my experience, many times after a dealer service for something like this, new problems occur.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them.
I haven't had this issue but I think that this is one that you need to self diagnose as it would be hard for the dealer since it's intermittent. I would buy a new flash drive (they are cheap) and try that. If the issue continues then it has to be the iDrive or the phone. You can search the internet and see if ither peoiple are having problems with iDrive and your brand/model of phone. It's just going to take some detecive work ruling out one thing at a time.